Our stormy days and monsoon nights are here! For most of us native Arizonans, this is our favorite weather. But have you done any monsoon season preparation?
First Choice Restoration is available 24/7/365 for emergency storm, mold removal, and roof damage repairs throughout the entire Phoenix Metro area.
About half of Arizona receives half of its annual rainfall during the monsoon season. Along with the rainfall, Arizonans can expect to experience lightning, gusty winds, hail, flooding, and flying walls of dirt and sand –known as haboobs. These can wreak havoc on your roofs, windows, and fences if they are in less than good condition. Is your property prepared?
An AZCentral article on monsoon season preparation explains the following tips should be followed by Arizonans this time of year:
- Never drive around barricades.
- Never allow children to play around floodwaters or washes.
- If you can hear thunder, then you are close enough to be struck by lightning. Take shelter in a sturdy building or a hard-topped vehicle.
- Arizona thunderstorm winds often exceed 40 mph and straight-line winds can exceed 100 mph. Move into a central interior room away from windows to avoid blowing debris that could shatter glass.
- Before the monsoon storm hits, evaluate large trees close to your home for potential hazards.
- If you are caught in a dust storm while driving, pull off the roadway as far as safely possible. Turn off headlights and taillights, put the vehicle in park, and take your foot off the brake.
- When severe dust storms occur, consider cleaning your smoke detectors. Dust can clog detectors and cause false alarms.
If you’ve been putting off getting overdue work done because of the hassle and inconvenience, please give First Choice a call. We’re happy to come to inspect your property, create a free estimate, and give you peace of mind in knowing a minor storm isn’t going to turn into a major disaster for your home or business.
We work very hard to make it very easy for you.
First Choice Restoration is available 24/7/365 for all of your monsoon season preparation and emergencies.
Save our number (480) 981-1131 in case
your emergency happens this monsoon season.